Tuesday, September 4, 2012

How This Works

I have a problem

I buy cooking magazines in the check-out aisle at grocery stores. I spend hours searching through recipes online. I have most Food Network shows set to my favorites on my DVR. And then I take it one step further. I clip all of the intriguing recipes from those cooking magazines and file them away into my recipe folder. I email myself and bookmark all of those delectable options online. I buy the cookbooks of my favorite Food Network stars.

All of that sounds great....besides the fact that I have never done ANYTHING with my recipe collections...EVER...until now.

Every week I plan on sifting through those tattered clippings, those dated online articles and those dusty old cookbooks. I will pick out the one baking recipe that I deem appropriate (and doable), then bake it! I must warn you, however, I'm no Martha Stewart, no Julia Child. You will not find dainty, flower-laced cakes with perfectly embellished fondant boarders in a pretty pastel pink on this blog.

I am messy. I am awkward. But I have been known to pull some pretty delicious treats out of my oven. This will be a learning experience for me, but I'm hoping I can teach you some things as well.

1 comment: